Saturday 5 May 1990US date format: 5/5/1990, UK date format: 5/5/1990
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 5, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff and Song Jieun.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor.
In UK Killer by Adamski was in the top 5 hits.
Far Out Man, directed by Tommy Chong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while In The Arena by Richard Nixon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jeeves and Wooster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apocalypse or Bigfoot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1990 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff
- Song Jieun: South Korean singer dancer and actress...
- Tatiana Celia Kennedy Schlossberg: NYC, New York -- Daughter of Caroline.
- Nick Gordon: Family Member.
- Hannah Davis: Model.
- ABC Masters Bowling Tournament won by Chris Warren.
- 116th Kentucky Derby: Craig Perret aboard Unbridled wins in 2:02.
- Paul Hogan (The Crocodile Hunter) and Linda Koslowski wed in Byron Bay, Eastern Australia.
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1990?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
- Calloway - I Wanna Be Rich
- Michael Bolton - How Can We Be Lovers
- Madonna - Vogue
- Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- Babyface - Whip Appeal
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Aerosmith - What It Takes
- Janet Jackson - Alright
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- Howard Hewett - Show Me
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
- All Over You (From "Def By Temptation") - Freddie Jackson
- Regina Belle - What Goes Around
- After 7 - Ready Or Not
- En Vogue - Hold On
- Tyler Collins - Girls Nite Out
- Soul II Soul - Get A Life
- Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ana Gabriel - Quien Como Tu
- Abre Las Ventanas Al Amor - Roberto Carlos
- Ni Tu Ni Ella - Alvaro Torres
- Gipsy Kings - Volare
- Flor Dormida - Luis Angel
- Me Va A Extranar - Ricardo Montaner
- Kaoma - Dancando Lambada
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
- Corazon A La Deriva - Lucerito
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?