Wednesday 2 May 1990
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 2, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kay Panabaker and Paul George (basketball).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor.
In UK Killer by Adamski was in the top 5 hits.
Far Out Man, directed by Tommy Chong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while A Brief History Of Time by Stephen W. Hawking was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jeeves and Wooster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Captive or Bigfoot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 May 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1990 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Kay Panabaker: American actress.
- Paul George (basketball)
- Flora Gueï
- Ivana Maksimovic
- Torey Pudwill: Skateboarder.
- Paul George: American basketball player.
- Boy Fears: American noted family, the son of boxing champ Mike Tyson and his girlfriend; 24-year old L.A.
- Caitlin Stasey: Actress.
- Some Americans Abroad opens at Vivian Beaumont NYC for 62 performances
- South African government and African National Congress open talks to end apartheid.
- In London, a man brandishing a knife robs a courier of bearer bonds worth £292 million (the largest mugging to date).
- May 2–4 – First talks between the government of South Africa and the African National Congress.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
- Calloway - I Wanna Be Rich
- Michael Bolton - How Can We Be Lovers
- Madonna - Vogue
- Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- Babyface - Whip Appeal
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Aerosmith - What It Takes
- Alright - Janet Jackson
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- Howard Hewett - Show Me
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
- All Over You (From "Def By Temptation") - Freddie Jackson
- Regina Belle - What Goes Around
- After 7 - Ready Or Not
- En Vogue - Hold On
- Tyler Collins - Girls Nite Out
- Soul II Soul - Get A Life
- Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ana Gabriel - Quien Como Tu
- Abre Las Ventanas Al Amor - Roberto Carlos
- Ni Tu Ni Ella - Alvaro Torres
- Gipsy Kings - Volare
- Flor Dormida - Luis Angel
- Me Va A Extranar - Ricardo Montaner
- Kaoma - Dancando Lambada
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
- Corazon A La Deriva - Lucerito
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?