Sunday October 26, 1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 26, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Schoolboy Q and Ibor Bakar.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to True Colors by Cyndi Lauper.
In UK True Blue by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Nobody's Fool, directed by Evelyn Purcell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Fatherhood by Bill Cosby was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Unnatural Causes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aardvark or Imogen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 October 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1986!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1986 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Schoolboy Q: Rapper.
- Emilia Clarke: TV Actress.
- Ibor Bakar: French footballer.
- Jakub Rzeźniczak: Polish footballer.
- Marco Ruben: Argentinian footballer.
- Into the Light closes at Neil Simon Theater NYC after 6 performances
- The International World Day of Prayer is held in Assisi, Italy.
- World Series: The New York Mets defeat the Boston Red Sox in 7 games. This is the second world series title in the Mets franchise. It is also remembered for Game 6, when Bill Buckner lets a routine ground ball hit by Mookie Wilson roll through his legs, letting the Mets win and pull even with the Red Sox in the series.
- The Big Bang in the London Stock Exchange abolishes fixed commission charges, paving the way for electronic trading.
- The centennial of the Statue of Liberty's dedication is celebrated in New York Harbor.
- In London, Jeremy Bamber is found guilty of the murder of his adoptive bailii.org retrieved 13:58 28.10.2011 see also :Jeremy Bamber : ''introductary statement'' parents, sister and twin nephews, and sentenced to life imprisonment, with a recommendation by the trial judge that he should serve at least 25 years before being considered for parole.
- Queensland, Australia: Joh Bjelke-Petersen wins his final election as Premier of Queensland with 38.6% of the vote. He resigns on December 1, 1987 following revelations of his involvement with corruption released in the Fitzgerald Inquiry.
- Sandoz chemical spill: a major environmental disaster near Basel, Switzerland, pollutes the Rhine.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 October 1986
- Atlanta Falcons - Los Angeles Rams : 7 - 14
- Cincinnati Bengals - Pittsburgh Steelers : 9 - 30
- Cleveland Browns - Minnesota Vikings : 23 - 20
- Detroit Lions - Chicago Bears : 7 - 13
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1986?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Gregory Abbott - Shake You Down
- Cameo - Word Up
- Howard Hewett - I'm For Real
- Tina Turner - Typical Male
- A Little Bit More - Melba Moore (Duet With Freddie Jackson)
- The Temptations - Lady Soul
- Five Star - Can't Wait Another Minute
- Freddie Jackson - Tasty Love
- The Human League - Human
- Stacy Lattisaw - Nail It To The Wall
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?