Saturday 1 September 1990
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Izabelle Leite and Aisling Loftus.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to If Wishes Came True by Sweet Sensation.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
Uncle Buck, directed by John Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Get Shorty by Elmore Leonard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parenthood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fatal Labyrinth or PGA Tour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1990 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Izabelle Leite
- Aisling Loftus: English actress.
- John Odgren: American youth, suffering from Asberger's Syndrome, hyperactivity, and perhaps other emotional challenges, allegedly killed a high school boy, James Alenson, by stabbing Alenson in the school bathroom.
- Tessa Netting: YouTube Star.
- Stanislav Tecl: Czech footballer.
- Seub Nakhasathien: Thai conservationist (Born 1949).
- Heidi Chronicles closes at Plymouth Theater NYC after 621 performances
- Gelindo Bordin sets European marathon record (2:14:02)
- Highest combined CFL score (111), Toronto Argonauts beat BC 68-43
- The Communist Labour Party of Turkey/Leninist is founded, following a split from the Communist Labour Party of Turkey.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Porque Te Tengo Que Olvidar - Jose Feliciano
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Como He De Vivir Sin Tu Carino - Danny Rivera
- Peligroso Amor - Myriam Hernandez
- Gracias A Tu Amor - Lourdes Robles/Luis Enrique
- Azucar Moreno - Ven Devorame Otra Vez
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Bombalurina - Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
- Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart / What Is Love
- Four Bacharach And David Songs (EP) - Deacon Blue
- Maria McKee - Show Me Heaven
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?