Wednesday October 01, 2003
US date format: 10/1/2003, UK date format: 1/10/2003
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see zodiac on October 1, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Charlotte Cleverley-Bisman .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Sylvia, directed by Christine Jeffs, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Ultimate Weight Solution by Phillip C. McGraw was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Peep Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chaser or Dokapon DX.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 01, 2003?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- See more
- South Korean President Roh Moo Hyun reiterates offer to the United States to consider a request for South Korean participation in Multi-National Force – Iraq in exchange for ampquotpositiveampquot movement to resolve the standoff over North Korea's nuclear weapons program.
- Anti-Americanism: A panel chosen by the administration of President George W. Bush concludes that the United States must drastically increase and overhaul its public relations efforts to recast its image among Muslims and Arabs abroad. ampquot''Hostility toward America has reached shocking levelsnbsp... What is required is not merely tactical adaptation but strategic, and radical, transformation''.ampquot The panel adds that ampquot''spin''ampquot and manipulation ampquot''are not the
- President of the European Commission Romano Prodi unveils a proposal to boost flagging economic growth in Europe. The plan has two main parts: increasing spending on European transport networks and promoting research and development.
- Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe: Following talks with Prime Minister Vladimír Špidla on the draft European Union constitution and the Czech Republic's position on the document, the Czech President Václav Klaus decides not to travel to Rome and attend the forthcoming intergovernmental conference.
- See more
New Zealander quadruple amputee.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 01, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
- Beyonce Featuring Sean Paul - Baby Boy
- YoungBloodZ Featuring Lil Jon - Damn!
- Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Ying Yang Twins - Get Low
- Pharrell Featuring Jay-Z - Frontin'
- Nelly, P. Diddy & Murphy Lee - Shake Ya Tailfeather
Sport Games on October 01, 2003
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Coventry - Crewe : 2 - 0
- Nott'm Forest - Preston : 0 - 1
- West Ham - Crystal Palace : 3 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Sheffield Weds - Notts County : 2 - 1
- Swindon - Luton : 2 - 2
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Oxford - Torquay : 1 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2003?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $36.92
- Apple AAPL: opens at $20.75
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $28.03
- General Electric GE: opens at $29.81
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $88.75
- 1 USD = 111.16 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3445 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3151 CHF
- 1 EUR = 129.7 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.7026 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 01, 2003?
On October 01, 2003 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is October 01, 2003?
On October 01, 2003 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 01, 2003?
On October 01, 2003 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 01, 2003?
On October 01, 2003 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on October 01, 2003?
On October 01, 2003 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 01, 2003?
On October 01, 2003 several famous people were born including, Charlotte Cleverley-Bisman.
What was the number one song in October 01, 2003?
The number one song in the week of October 01, 2003 was Baby Boy by Beyonce in US and Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas in UK.
What were the top hits on October 01, 2003?
The top hits on October 01, 2003 were Baby Boy by Beyonce, Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly, Right Thurr by Chingy in US and Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas, White Flag by Dido, Are You Ready For Love by Elton John in UK.