Monday October 13, 2003
US date format: 10/13/2003, UK date format: 13/10/2003
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 13, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Fallon Chapman .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
The Matrix Revolutions, directed by Lana Wachowski, Lilly Wachowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shattered City: The Halifax Explosion.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chicken Shoot or Devil May Cry 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 13, 2003?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- 2003 occupation of Iraq: New draft resolution being circulated at UN aims at getting international aid. The resolution sets a deadline for initial steps, if only for a transitional step, toward restoring Iraqi sovereignty, giving the Iraqi Governing Council until December 15 to develop a timetable for writing a constitution and holding elections. The Bush administration proposes that the United Nations recognize the Iraqi Governing Council as a unit that ''ampquotwill embody the
- Mass media: Rush Limbaugh's drug addiction revealed by housekeeper. Newsweek reports Limbaugh's exposure as a pain-pill addict began when Wilma Cline (who had worked at Limbaugh from 1997 to July 2001) showed up at the Palm Beach County state attorney's office late last year eager to sic the cops on her former boss. Cline had delivered enough pills to Limbaugh ampquot''to kill an elephant''ampquot, she stated to The National Enquirer.
- Ireland: The Taoiseach, Bertie Ahern, and the British Prime Minister, Tony Blair, have begun talks in Downing Street on a possible restoration of devolved government in Northern Ireland.
- Medicine-The conjoined twins do well after their first night apart. They are in drug-induced comas, and will be for several more days, to aid their recovery.
- See more
- Fallon Chapman: Dancer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 13, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #9 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce Featuring Sean Paul - Baby Boy
- YoungBloodZ Featuring Lil Jon - Damn!
- Ludacris Featuring Shawnna - Stand Up
- Ashanti - Rain On Me
- Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Ying Yang Twins - Get Low
- R. Kelly - Thoia Thoing
- R. Kelly - Step In The Name Of Love
- Chingy - Right Thurr
- Pharrell Featuring Jay-Z - Frontin'
- Young Gunz - Can't Stop, Won't Stop
Top #1 Latin songs
- Obie Bermudez - Antes
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 13If October 13, 2003 is your birthday you're 16 years, 11 months, 10 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 20 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2003?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $38.37
- Apple AAPL: opens at $23.73
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $28.98
- General Electric GE: opens at $29.52
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $93.10
- 1 USD = 109.01 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3221 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3221 CHF
- 1 EUR = 127.49 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.7022 GBP