Tuesday 21 October 2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 21, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
One Missed Call, directed by Takashi Miike, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Last Car To Elysian Fields by James Lee Burke was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shattered City: The Halifax Explosion.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deus Ex: Invisible War or Def Jam Vendetta.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 2003
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 2003!
Which were the important events of 21 October 2003 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 October
- Images of the dwarf planet Eris are taken and subsequently used in documenting its discovery by the team of Michael E. Brown, Chad Trujillo, and David L. Rabinowitz.
- War on Terrorism: US officials state that they believe ''Wall Street Journal'' reporter Daniel Pearl was killed by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.
- North Sea: Scientists call for a total ban on fishing for cod in the North Sea to allow stocks to recover from near extinction.
- Musician Elliott Smith was possibly murdered or committed suicide at the age of 34.
- Afghanistan: The commander of UN forces in Afghanistan warns that the security of Kabul is at risk if security is not achieved in the Afghan countryside.
- Occupation of Iraq: Human Rights Watch (HRW) accuses US troops of using excessive force against civilians in Iraq.
- Iran's Supreme Council agrees to comply with the International Atomic Energy Agency, allow inspections of its nuclear facilities, and suspend its uranium enrichment program.
- Africa: Outbreaks of locusts are reported in Mauritania, Niger and Sudan and might spread to other areas of north Africa.
- Northern Ireland: In a series of moves designed to bring about final implementation of the Good Friday Agreement, the British Government confirms that elections to the region's devolved administration will be held on November 26. The Provisional IRA announces a further act of weapons decommissioning. Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams declares ampquotthe end to physical force republicanismampquot. Statements from all the major parties involved are expected over the course of the day.
- Ecuador – A trial opens in Lago Agrio in which US oil company ChevronTexaco is charged with polluting a once-pristine swath of the Amazon rainforest. The plaintiffs' lawyers have put a price tag on clean up and medical care for the region's inhabitants.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 October 2003
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Crewe - Preston : 2 - 1
- Crystal Palace - Ipswich : 3 - 4
- Norwich - Derby : 2 - 1
- Reading - Walsall : 0 - 1
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Rushden & D : 2 - 3
- Bournemouth - Luton : 6 - 3
- Brentford - Brighton : 4 - 0
- Chesterfield - Hartlepool : 1 - 2
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Bristol Rvs - Leyton Orient : 1 - 1
- Bury - Hull : 0 - 0
- Carlisle - Scunthorpe : 1 - 4
- Cheltenham - Darlington : 2 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Fulham - Newcastle : 2 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2003?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2003 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Baby Boy - Beyonce Featuring Sean Paul
- Stand Up - Ludacris Featuring Shawnna
- Damn! - YoungBloodZ Featuring Lil Jon
- Ashanti - Rain On Me
- Get Low - Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Ying Yang Twins
- Step In The Name Of Love - R. Kelly
- Thoia Thoing - R. Kelly
- Holidae In - Chingy Featuring Ludacris & Snoop Dogg
- Chingy - Right Thurr
- Jagged Edge - Walked Outta Heaven
Top #10 Latin songs
- Te Necesito - Luis Miguel
- Gloria Estefan - Hoy
- Antes - Obie Bermudez
- Un Siglo Sin Ti - Chayanne
- Nomas Por Tu Culpa - Los Huracanes del Norte
- Fotografia - Juanes With Nelly Furtado
- Alejandro Sanz - No Es Lo Mismo
- Asignatura Pendiente - Ricky Martin
- Mientes Tan Bien - Sin Bandera
- No Hace Falta - Cristian
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?