Sunday 1 August 1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hubert Amyot .
A Strange Meeting, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1909 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- British SS Waratah disappears on Sydney to London, 300 killed
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Will Oakland
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Harvey Hindermyer
- The Yama Yama Man - Ada Jones & Victor Light Opera Co.
- Isn't Love a Grand Old Thing? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Uncle Josh's Trip to Coney Island - Cal Stewart & Len Spencer