Friday 1 October 1909US date format: 10/1/1909, UK date format: 1/10/1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 1, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sam Yorty and Thierry Maulnier.
Far from the Madding Crowd, directed by Thomas Vinterberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1909 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Sam Yorty: American politician, lawyer, member of the State Assembly and Mayor of Los Angeles.
- Thierry Maulnier: French journalist, essayist, dramatist, and literary critic, married once.
- Everett Sloane: NYC, New York -- Actor (Patsy, Citizen Kane, Enforcer).
- Samuel Yorty: Lincoln, Nebraska -- (Mayor-LA).
- Maurice Bardeche: French fascist (d. 1998).