Thursday 28 September 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Cowles and Marcia Muller.
Tall in the Saddle, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1944 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Matthew Cowles: Soap actor (Eban Japes-Loving, Billy-All My Children).
- Marcia Muller: American journalist and author.
- 1st TV Musical comedy (The Boys from Boise)
- Nazi murders in Marzabotto, Italy (SS-major Reder)
- Battle of Arnhem - Germans defeat British airborne at Arnhem, Netherlands.
- Soviet Army troops liberate Klooga concentration camp in Klooga, Estonia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?