Thursday 28 October 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Bacon (artist) and Claude Bourdet.
The Battle in the Clouds, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1909 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1909 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- The Traveling Man - Nat Wills
- Up, Up, Up in My Aeroplane - Haydn Quartet
- The Billiken Man - Blanche Ring
- Mister Othello - Ada Jones
- Cupid's Telephone - Frank Stanley
- My Wife's Gone to the Country, Hurrah! Hurrah! - Bob Roberts
- I Wish I Had My Old Gal Back Again - Manuel Romain