Tuesday 7 January 1913, Orthodox Christmas
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vido Musso and Shirley Ross.
L'orrida meta, directed by Ubaldo Pittei, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the important events of 7 January 1913 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Vido Musso
- Shirley Ross: Omaha, Nebraska -- Actress (Cafe Society, Prison Farm).
- Raymond Villey
- Francis De Wolff: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (From Russia With Love).
- Waldemar Riefkogel: German Nazi military, a Hauptsturmführer (Captain) and Hauptmann der Schutzpolizei, in the Waffen-SS during World War II.
- Johnny Mize: American baseball player coach and sportscaster (d. 1993).
- Jack Boyle: American baseball player and umpire (d. 1913).
- William M Burton patents a process to "crack" petroleum.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - Row! Row! Row!
- Ghost of the Violin - Walter Van Brunt & Maurice Burkhardt
- Oh! Oh! Delphine - Billy Murray
- Where the Edelweiss is Blooming - Lyric Quartet
- Venus on Earth Waltz - Sousa's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?