Wednesday 2 June 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Mathers and Roni Bar-On.
The Lady from Shanghai, directed by Rita Hayworth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Tomorrow Will Be Better by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Texaco Star Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 June 1948 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Jerry Mathers: American actor, most noted as a child star in the legendary TV series "Leave it to Beaver.
- Roni Bar-On
- Albert Innaurato in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; playwright/director (Age in Soho).
- Jerry Mathers in Sioux City: Iowa, USA; actor (Beaver - Leave It To Beaver).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?