Friday 15 June 2007US date format: 6/15/2007, UK date format: 15/6/2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Cassandra's Dream, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Good Guy by Dean Koontz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Morning Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Call of Duty: Roads to Victory or Chili Con Carnage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 15 June 2007 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 June
- In the USA, Bob Barker makes his last appearance on TV show The Price is Right.
- Thousands of Chinese policemen rescue 450 slave workers while arresting 120 suspects. (VOA)
- Mike Nifong, facing disbarment for his actions in the 2006 Duke University lacrosse case, agrees to resign his position as district attorney for Durham County in the U.S. state of North Carolina. (AP via ESPN.com)
- Switzerland opens the world's longest rail tunnel on land, the 34-kilometre Lötschberg tunnel under the Alps. (BBC)
- In the UK, seven members of Dhiren Barot's al Qaeda cell are sentenced to a total of 136 years in prison. (Sky)
- Indonesia claims that it has captured Jemaah Islamiyah leader Zarkarsih. (Reuters via MSNBC)
- A roadside bomb kills at least seven soldiers in Yala Province, Thailand. (BBC)
- United States Secretary of Defense Robert Gates meets with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Kamal Al-Maliki and U.S. military leaders in Iraq to discuss the effectiveness of the current military campaign. (Reuters)
- Two oil and transport unions begin a strike in Nigeria over an increase in fuel duty and a doubling of sales tax. (BBC)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') - T-Pain Featuring Yung Joc
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
- When I See U - Fantasia
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Kelly Rowland Featuring Eve - Like This
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- Pop, Lock & Drop It - Huey
- Umbrella - Rihanna Featuring Jay-Z
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Si Nos Quedara Poco Tiempo - Chayanne
- Impacto - Daddy Yankee Featuring Fergie
- Igual Que Ayer - RKM & Ken-Y
- Ojala - Marco Antonio Solis
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Dame Un Beso - Intocable
- Eres Para Mi - Julieta Venegas
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Que Me Des Tu Carino - Juan Luis Guerra 440
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The two lawyers are charged with having played important roles in a penny stock fraud that cost investors at least $160,000 in 2005. [..]
Many here praise Mike Keiser because his golf resort created 325 full-time jobs. But Scott Cook says Mr. Keiser is going too far. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $81.24
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $118.70
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $71.90
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $45.81
- 1 CAD = 1.162 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0448 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8988 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4522 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?