Thursday 7 June 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
1408, directed by Mikael Hfstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Teen News Now.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battalion Wars 2 or Buzz! Junior: Robo Jam.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 7 June 2007 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 June
- Sri Lankan Civil War: Police in Sri Lanka force hundreds of the minority Sri Lankan Tamils community out of Colombo for what they say are security reasons. (BBC)
- Italian police arrest a group of people for allegedly providing material support for an al Qaeda-linked organisation, Salafist Group for Call and Combat. (AP via CNN)
- ''33rd G8 summit:''
- President of the United States George W. Bush and President of Russia Vladimir Putin meet to discuss missile defense. (The Guardian)
- G8 leaders reach agreement on a deal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. (Press Association via the Guardian)
- Four supposed agent provocateurs who had encouraged peaceful protesters to throw stones are unmasked. A police spokesperson points to a possible involvement of Intelligence agencies. (Spiegel)
- At least 12 citizens of Oman are killed by Cyclone Gonu. (Reuters via Australia)
- Hamas militants kill a Fatah member, and five other Palestinians are injured in a renewal of fighting between the two groups. (AFP via CBS News)
- The Reserve Bank of New Zealand raises interest rates in New Zealand to 8%, the highest level of any industrialised nation. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 June 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?