Wednesday 19 September 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 19, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Benoît Lamy and Kate Adie.
Mildred Pierce, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 September 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1945 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Benoît Lamy: Belgian motion picture writer-director.
- Kate Adie: English journalist and author.
- Bernard Poignant: French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the west of France.
- David Bromberg: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Deep).
- Gérard Marais: French guitarist, conductor and arranger.
- Lee Dorman: St. Louis, Missouri -- Rock bassist (Iron Butterfly).
- Randolph Mantooth: TV Actor.
- Jessye Norman: American singer, one of opera's foremost dramatic sopranos, known internationally for a voice described as soprano on top, mezzo at the bottom.
- Randolph Mantooth in Sacramento: California, USA; actor (Emergency, Loving).
- David Bromberg in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; musician ("Demon in Disguise").
- Freda Payne in Detroit: Michigan, USA; singer ("Band of Gold").
- Kim Il Sung arrives in harbor of Wonsan, Korea