Tuesday 2 September 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Wolff and Bill Shankly.
Bianco contro negro, directed by Ubaldo Maria Del Colle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while V.V.'s Eyes by Henry Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1913 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Philippe Wolff: French historian, specializing in medieval history.
- Bill Shankly: Bill Shankly was a Scottish international footballer and also a famous football manager, notably with Liverpool Football Club.
- Israel Gelfand: Russian-American mathematician and biologist (d. 2009).
- Amsterdam reroutes sewage of canals to South Seas
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mother Machree - Chauncey Olcott
- Your Eyes Have Told Me What I Did Not Know - Enrico Caruso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?