Saturday 2 September 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eileen Way and Rene Amengual.
Re Lear, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1911 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Eileen Way: Actress (Les Miserables, Rainbow, Vikings, Assassin).
- Rene Amengual: Composer.
- William Harrah: American gambling czar, the founder of Harrah's Casinos in Reno and Lake Tahoe, NV, the world's second largest gambling operation.
- Maria Lambour: French-Breton centenarian, she became lately an iconic figure on the French TV (advertising).
- Romare Bearden: American painter and author (d. 1988).
- Joao Chagas forms Portuguese government
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kathleen Mavourneen - John McCormack
- Believe Me if All Those Endearing Young Charms - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?