Wednesday 2 September 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Shapiro and Vanna Marchi.
Manila Calling, directed by Herbert I. Leeds, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1942 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Robert Shapiro: American attorney, well liked and respected with a famous string of high-profile clients from the movie and sports industries.
- Vanna Marchi: Italian entrepreneur, millionaire and highly successful creator of a line of cosmetics which were publicized through a huge TV ad campaign.
- C. J. Cherryh: Writer.
- Antonio Lobo Antunes: Novelist.
- Jean-Paul Béchat: French engineer and business executive, the CEO of Snecma then Safran until 2007.
- Tom Williams: Irish republican (Born 1924).
- German troops enter Stalingrad