Friday 3 January 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 3, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Schneider and Sergey Filipovich.
Dead Reckoning, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1947 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- André Schneider
- Sergey Filipovich: Protchenko; Russian cosmonaut.
- Zulema : American singer-songwriter (Faith Hope and Charity) (d. 2013).
- 1st opening session of Congress to be televised
- William Dawson becomes 1st black to head congressional committee
- Proceedings of the U.S. Congress are televised for the first time.
- First opening session of US Congress to be televised.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Dinah Shore
- Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five