Tuesday 10 June 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matuzalém and Jessica DiCicco.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
The Blues Brothers, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Who'S On First by William F. Buckley Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vakáción a Mézga-család.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dodge 'Em or Carnival.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1980!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1980 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Matuzalém : Brazilian footballer.
- Jessica DiCicco: American actress and singer.
- Ovie Mughelli: American football player.
- Dmitri Uchaykin: Russian ice hockey player (d. 2013).
- Daniele Seccarecci: Italian bodybuilder (d. 2013).
- A Unabomber bomb injures United Airlines president Percy Wood in Lake Forest, Illinois.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?