Monday June 16, 1980US date format: 6/16/1980, UK date format: 16/6/1980
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 16, 1980). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sibel Kekilli and Justine Fraioli.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Temptation Island, directed by Joey Gosiengfiao, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Will by G. Gordon Liddy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coming Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Network or Stratovox.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1980
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1980!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1980 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Sibel Kekilli: German actress.
- Justine Fraioli
- Brandão (footballer born 1980)
- Dare Nibombe: Togolese footballer.
- Nehir Erdoğan: Turkish actress.
- Brandon Armstrong: American basketball player.
- Phil Christophers: German-born English rugby player.
- Jason T. Smith: Politician.
- Daré Nibombé: Togolese footballer.
- Martin Stranzl: Austrian footballer.
- Justin Tranter: American singer-songwriter and jewelry...
- Joey Yung: Hong Kong singer and actress.
- Brad Gushue: Canadian curler.
- Ben Rattray: Businessman.
- Nehir Erdogan: Turkish actress.
- Blues Brothers, premieres in Chicago
- Supreme Court rules new forms of life created in labs could be patents
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
- Bette Midler - The Rose
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
- Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- Elton John - Little Jeannie
- Robbie Dupree - Steal Away
- Gary Numan - Cars
- Michael Jackson - She's Out Of My Life
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jermaine Jackson - Let's Get Serious
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Stephanie Mills - Sweet Sensation
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right)
- Landlord - Gladys Knight And The Pips
- Shining Star - The Manhattans
- Change - A Lover's Holiday
- Roberta Flack With Donny Hathaway - Back Together Again
- The Invisible Man's Band - All Night Thing
- Chaka Khan - Clouds
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Don McLean - Crying
- Theme From 'M*A*S*H' (Suicide is Painless) - MASH
- Lipps Inc - Funky Town
- Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - Back Together Again
- Hot Chocolate - No Doubt About It
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?