Friday 20 June 1980
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 20, 1980). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Valentine Féau and Tika Sumpter.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Temptation Island, directed by Joey Gosiengfiao, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Heartsounds by Martha Weinman Lear was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coming Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Zap or Voodoo Castle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 June 1980
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1980!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1980 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Valentine Féau
- Tika Sumpter: TV Actress.
- Kim Engelbrecht
- Franco Semioli: Italian footballer.
- Fabian Wegmann: German road racing cyclist.
- Carlo Festuccia: Italian rugby union footballer.
- Tony Lovato: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Mest).
- Gustaf Allan Pettersson: Composer, dies at 68.
- California Angels Freddie Patek, hits 3 HRs and double to beat Red Sox 20-2
- Roberto Duran starts his classic boxing trilogy with Sugar Ray Leonard by defeating him in Canada by a decision in 15 rounds, to gain the WBC world Welterweight championship.
- Augusta AVA becomes the first federally recognized American Viticultural Area.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Funkytown - Lipps, Inc.
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
- Bette Midler - The Rose
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
- Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- Elton John - Little Jeannie
- Robbie Dupree - Steal Away
- Cars - Gary Numan
- Michael Jackson - She's Out Of My Life
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jermaine Jackson - Let's Get Serious
- Funkytown - Lipps, Inc.
- Stephanie Mills - Sweet Sensation
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right)
- Landlord - Gladys Knight And The Pips
- Shining Star - The Manhattans
- Change - A Lover's Holiday
- Roberta Flack With Donny Hathaway - Back Together Again
- All Night Thing - The Invisible Man's Band
- Chaka Khan - Clouds
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?