Tuesday 24 June 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kelly Dutra and Minka Kelly.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Coming Up (Live At Glasgow) by Paul McCartney.
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Maladolescenza, directed by Pier Giuseppe Murgia, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nobody's Perfect.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing SOS or Terrorist.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1980!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1980 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Kelly Dutra: Miss Rhode Island Teen USA (1996).
- Minka Kelly: American actress.
- Cicinho : Brazilian footballer.
- Liane Balaban: Canadian actress.
- Nina Dübbers: German tennis player.
- Andrew Jones: Australian race car driver
- Affirmed wins $500,000 Hollywood Cup, first horse to win $2 million.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 June 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Bette Midler - The Rose
- Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
- Elton John - Little Jeannie
- Robbie Dupree - Steal Away
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
- Spinners - Cupid/I've Loved You For A Long Time (Medley)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?