Sunday 1 June 1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Damien Fahey and Oliver James.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK What's Another Year by Johnny Logan was in the top 5 hits.
Urban Cowboy, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventure Game.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Conflict or Moon Cresta.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1980!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1980 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Damien Fahey: American radio DJ, television host, former MTV VJ, comedian and drummer.
- Oliver James: Movie Actor.
- 1st transmission of CNN, Cable News Network
- ANC sets fire to Sasol oil installations in South Africa
- Barbra Streisand appears at an ACLU Benefit in California
- Beth Daniel wins LPGA Golden Lights Golf Championshipship
- Steve Garvey, hits the 7,000th Dodger home run
- CNN (Cable News Network) debuts, as the world's first 24-hour television news network, from its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 June 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Blondie - Call Me
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Kenny Rogers - Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer
- Dr. Hook - Sexy Eyes
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
- The Brothers Johnson - Stomp!
- Linda Ronstadt - Hurt So Bad
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?