Monday 3 June 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tristan Rogers and Anita Pollack.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The King's General by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Transatlantic Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 3 June 1946 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Tristan Rogers: Australia -- Actor (Robert Scorpio- General Hospital).
- Anita Pollack: MEP (Labour).
- Earl of Cromer: Managing director (Inchcape (China) Ltd).
- Ian Hunter: England, United Kingdom -- Rocker (Mott the Hoople-All the Young Dudes).
- Eddie Holman: American singer.
- Michael Clarke: American drummer (The Byrds The Flying Burrito Brothers and Firefall) (d. 1993).
- Penelope Wilton: English actress.
- 1st bikini bathing suit displayed (Paris)
- International Military Tribunal opens in Tokyo against 28 Japanese war criminals
- US Supreme court rules race separation on buses, unconstitutional
- The Interpol organization re-founded, telegraphic address “Interpol” adopted.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?