Wednesday 3 April 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 3, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marisa Paredes and Feda Federighi.
The Virginian, directed by Stuart Gilmore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Der Augenzeuge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 April 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1946 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Marisa Paredes: Spanish actress.
- Feda Federighi
- Michel Batlle
- Werner Nawrocki: German physician, specializing in Naturopathy and Homoeopathy in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Jean-Paul Pigeat: French garden designer, the director of the International Conservatory for Gardening and Landscaping in Chaumont-sur-Loire (France), where he also organizes the prestigious annual Chaumont garden festival.
- Sue Townsend: Novelist.
- Hanna Suchocka: Polish lawyer and politician 5th Prime Minister of Poland.
- John Virgo: English snooker player and sportscaster.
- Dee Murray: English bass player (Procol Harum The Mirage and Spencer Davis Group) (d. 1992).
- Roger Altman: Businessman.
- Feda Fede righi: American reporter for metropolitan newspaper on local news coverage.
- Masaharu Homma: Lieutenant General (responsible for Bataan Death March), executed.
- Neth-German postal relations resume
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- The Mad Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Laughing on the Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Teddy Walters
- Billy Eckstine - Prisoner of Love
- You Won't be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- Sioux City Sue - Bing Crosby & Jesters
- Personality - Bing Crosby (Eddie Condon Orchestra)
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians