Wednesday 3 November 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dietrich Moller and Lynn Woolsey.
The Hurricane, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Body-Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 3 November 1937
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1937!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1937 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Lynn Woolsey: (Rep-D-California).
- Dietrich Moller: German politician.
- Jim Houston: American college and pro football player.
- James Houston: Massillon sports Champions.
- Dietrich Möller: German lawyer and politician 15th Mayor of Marburg.
- Archambaud bicycles world record time (45,796 km)
- NHL Howie Morenz Memorial Game: All-Stars beat Montreal 6-5 in Montreal
- Underdog Maurice J. Tobin resoundingly defeats former governor and mayor James Michael Curley in a Boston mayoral election that shocks the political establishment.
- Spanish Civil War ndash 35,000 Republican supporters are massacred in Piedrafita de Babia, near León.
- World War II: In the Reich Chancellery, Adolf Hitler holds a secret meeting and states his plans for acquiring ampquotliving spaceampquot for the German people (recorded in the Hossbach Memorandum).