Monday 29 November 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Brecknock and Johan J Holst.
Nothing Sacred, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while The Years by Virginia Woolf was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Artists and Their Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1937!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 November 1937 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Johan J Holst: Norwegian Minister of Defense / Foreign affairs.
- John Brecknock: English opera tenor famed for his miraculous breath control and beautiful, glossy voice.
- Johan Holst: Norwegian politician of the Labour Party, best known for his involvement with the Oslo Accords.
- Lucien Grand-Jouan: Nantes EXecutives.
- Jan Mangerud: Norwegian geologist and academic.
- Prince Bernhard injured in auto accident in the Netherlands
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?