Saturday 20 November 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Linkletter in San Francisco and Rene Kollo.
Nothing Sacred, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Artists and Their Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1937!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1937 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Jack Linkletter in San Francisco: California, USA; TV host (Haggis Baggis, Hootenanny).
- Rene Kollo: German tenor.
- Eero Mantyranta: Finnish cross-country skier.
- Gilles Cantagrel: French musicologist, writer, speaker and educator.
- Rhys Isaac: South African-Australian historian and author (d. 2010).
- René Kollo: German tenor and actor
- Ruth Laredo: American pianist and educator (d. 2005)
- Eero Mäntyranta: Finnish skier (d. 2013)
- Viktoriya Tokareva: Russian author and screenwriter
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 November 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?