Sunday 14 November 1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luigi Calabresi and Vittorio Adorni.
A Damsel in Distress, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Artists and Their Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1937!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1937 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Luigi Calabresi: Italian commissioner of police, attached to the political office of police HQ of Milan.
- Vittorio Adorni: .
- Bobby Astyr: American porn actor (d. 2002).
- Alan Bell: English director and producer.
- Murray Oliver: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2014).
- Jack O'Connor: American baseball player and manager (d. 1937).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1937 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Nice Work if You Can Get It - Fred Astaire
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?