Wednesday 17 November 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Cook and Peter Edward Cook.
A Damsel in Distress, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while And So-Victoria by Vaughan Wilkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Artists and Their Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1937!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 November 1937 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Peter Cook: British comedian and satirist, called the funniest man in the history of comedy.
- Peter Edward Cook: Torquay, England -- Actor / comedian (Bedazzled).
- Britains Lord Halifax visits Germany, beginning of appeasement
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1937 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Nice Work if You Can Get It - Fred Astaire
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?