Tuesday 3 October 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Angeles Alvarino Deleira and James Alfred Wight Herriot.
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1916 ?
- Angeles Alvarino Deleira: Biologist / Oceanographer / writer.
- James Alfred Wight Herriot: Veterinarian / Novelist.
- Russell Peterson: American politician and scientist, he was Governor of Delaware from 1969 to 1973.
- Bernard Smith: Australian art historian, art critic and academic.
- Russel Peterson: Portage Politician.
- James Herriot: Scot Author (All Creatures Great & Small), dies at 78
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Old Refrain - Fritz Kreisler
- Tales of Hoffman: Barcolle (Belle Nuit - Oh Night of Love - John McCormack
- Have a Heart - Ziegfeld Follies of 1915 Medley - Conway's Band
- Welcome, Honey, to Your Old Plantation Home - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?