Monday 16 October 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Turner and Mary Lewis.
The Pawnshop, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 October 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1916 ?
- George Turner: Australian author (d. 1997).
- Mary Lewis: American astrologer whose interest began during the '60s.
- Le Chevalier Louis: France Military man.
- Dodger manager Wilbert Robinson given $5,000 bonus
- T E Lawrence (of Arabia) meets with Fasal Hoessein
- Margaret Sanger founds Planned Parenthood by opening the first U.S. birth control clinic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Dear Old Dreamy Honolulu Town - Peerless Quartet
- Ireland Must be Heaven, for My Mother Came from There - Charles Harrison
- Oh How She Could Yacki Hacki Wicki Wachi Woo (That's Love in Honolulu) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan