Sunday 8 October 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Spark Matsunaga .
The Pawnshop, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1916 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Pretty Baby - Billy Murray
- For Dixie and Uncle Sam - Nora Bayes
- Have a Heart - Olive Kline & Lambert Murphy