Thursday 26 October 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include François Mitterrand and Wolf Kaiser.
The Ocean Waif, directed by Alice Guy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 October 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1916 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- François Mitterrand: French politician whose career spanned half a century and culminated in the presidency of France when he replaced Valery Giscard de’Estaing in May 1981.
- Francois Mitterrand: President of France (d. 1996).
- Wolf Kaiser: German theatre and film actor, who starred as Mack the Knife in Brecht and Weill's "The Threepenny Opera" more than 450 times.
- Wolfgan Kaiser: Germany Actor.
- Jean Compagnon: St Germain en Laye Military man.
- Boyd Wagner: First USAAF fighter ace of World War II (d. 1942).
- Margaret Sanger arrested for obscenity (advocating birth control).