Thursday 26 October 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Francois Mitterrand and Wolf Kaiser.
It Is for England!, directed by Laurence Cowen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1916 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Francois Mitterrand: President of France (d. 1996).
- Wolf Kaiser: German theatre and film actor, who starred as Mack the Knife in Brecht and Weill's "The Threepenny Opera" more than 450 times.
- François Mitterrand: French politician whose career spanned half a century and culminated in the presidency of France when he replaced Valery Giscard de’Estaing in May 1981.
- Wolfgan Kaiser: Germany Actor.
- Jean Compagnon: St Germain en Laye Military man.
- Boyd Wagner: First USAAF fighter ace of World War II (d. 1942)
- Margaret Sanger arrested for obscenity (advocating birth control).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 October 1916
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh How She Could Yacki Hacki Wicki Wachi Woo (That's Love in Honolulu) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Ireland Must be Heaven, for My Mother Came from There - Charles Harrison
- Dear Old Dreamy Honolulu Town - Peerless Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?