Sunday 15 October 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean d'Orléans-Bragance and João Bragança.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1916 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jean d'Orléans-Bragance
- João Bragança: Brazilian royal family, the grandson of the titular Empress of Brazil, Isabel, who was exiled in Paris.
- Chuck Thompson: American publsiher of a gay newsletter.
- Al Killian: American trumpet player and bandleader (d. 2007).
- George Turner: Australian author and critic (d. 1997).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When You Drop Off at Cairo, Illinois - Billy Murray
- If I Knock the L Out of Kelly - Ada Jones
- Missouri Waltz - Jaudas' Society Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?