Tuesday 17 October 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Lowery and Tadeusz Paciorkiewicz.
The Pawnshop, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1916 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Robert Lowery: Kansas City, Missouri -- Actor (Murder Over NY).
- Tadeusz Paciorkiewicz: Composer.
- Louis Borlinghaus: American astrologer who joined AFA in 12/1965.
- Dutch women demonstrate for female suffrage
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Dear Old Dreamy Honolulu Town - Peerless Quartet
- Ireland Must be Heaven, for My Mother Came from There - Charles Harrison
- Oh How She Could Yacki Hacki Wicki Wachi Woo (That's Love in Honolulu) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan