Thursday 12 October 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 12, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alice Childress .
The Pawnshop, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1916 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Alice Childress: American actress and playwright (d. 1994).
- Boston Red Sox beat Brooklyn Dodgers, four games to one in 13th World Series.
- Hipólito Yrigoyen is elected President of Argentina.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- If I Knock the L Out of Kelly - Ada Jones
- Missouri Waltz - Jaudas' Society Orchestra
- When You Drop Off at Cairo, Illinois - Billy Murray