Monday 23 October 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Romeo and Juliet, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Seventeen by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1916 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 October
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Ireland Must be Heaven, for My Mother Came from There - Charles Harrison
- Dear Old Dreamy Honolulu Town - Peerless Quartet
- Oh How She Could Yacki Hacki Wicki Wachi Woo (That's Love in Honolulu) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?