Thursday 19 October 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include José Charlet and Jean Dausset.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while The Real Adventure by Henry Kitchell Webster was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1916 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- José Charlet: French artist, an architect and painter.
- Jean Dausset: French scientist; physician who shared the Nobel Prize with two others for their work on antigens, 1980.
- Emil Gilels: Soviet pianist.
- Minoru Yasui: American soldier lawyer and activist (d. 1986).
- David Lewis: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Edward Quartermaine- General Hospital).
- Karl-Birger Blomdahl: Sweden -- Opera composer (Herr von Hancken).
- Toby Rowland: Theatrical manager.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When You Drop Off at Cairo, Illinois - Billy Murray
- If I Knock the L Out of Kelly - Ada Jones
- Missouri Waltz - Jaudas' Society Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?