Thursday 19 October 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 19, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include José Charlet and Jean Dausset.
The Pawnshop, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 October 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1916 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- José Charlet: French artist, an architect and painter.
- Jean Dausset: French scientist; physician who shared the Nobel Prize with two others for their work on antigens, 1980.
- Emil Gilels: Soviet pianist.
- David Lewis: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Edward Quartermaine- General Hospital).
- Minoru Yasui: American soldier lawyer and activist (d. 1986).
- Karl-Birger Blomdahl: Sweden -- Opera composer (Herr von Hancken).
- Toby Rowland: Theatrical manager.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Dear Old Dreamy Honolulu Town - Peerless Quartet
- Ireland Must be Heaven, for My Mother Came from There - Charles Harrison
- Oh How She Could Yacki Hacki Wicki Wachi Woo (That's Love in Honolulu) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan