Friday 4 December 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 4, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Day Hershey and A D Hershey.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 December 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1908 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Alfred Day Hershey: Scientist.
- A D Hershey: United States -- Biologist, worked with bacteriophages (Nobel 1969).
- Helmut Thielicke: German Protestant theologian and rector of the University of Hamburg from 1960 to 1978.
- Alfred Hershey: American bacteriologist and geneticist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1997).