Friday 4 December 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include A D Hershey and Helmut Thielicke.
The Tenth Act of Taikoki, directed by Sakiji Ichikawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Lure of the Mask by Harold MacGrath was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1908 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- A D Hershey: United States -- Biologist, worked with bacteriophages (Nobel 1969).
- Helmut Thielicke: German Protestant theologian and rector of the University of Hamburg from 1960 to 1978.
- Alfred Hershey: American bacteriologist and geneticist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1997).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- You Have Always Been the Same Old Pal - Henry Burr
- It Looks Like a Big Night To-Night - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Rainbow - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Are You Sincere? - Byron G. Harlan
- Beautiful Isle of Somewhere - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?