Monday 28 December 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lew Ayres .
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1908 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Lew Ayres: American actor onscreen from 1929.
- Messina, Italy struck by an earthquake (nearly 80,000 died).
- A magnitude 7.2 earthquake rocks Messina, Sicily killing over 75,000.