Monday December 28, 1908
US date format: 12/28/1908, UK date format: 28/12/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 28, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lew Ayres .
Il missionario, directed by roger delattre, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 28, 1908?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Messina, Italy struck by an earthquake (nearly 80,000 died).
- Lew Ayres: American actor onscreen from 1929.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 28, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson - Good Evening, Caroline