Thursday 24 December 1908, Christmas Eve
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 24, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Il missionario, directed by roger delattre, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 December 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1908 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 December
- Francois-Auguste Gevaert: Belgian musicologist / composer, dies at 80.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- When You and I Were Young, Maggie - Will Oakland
- Stille Nacht, Helige Nacht (Silent Night, Holy Night) - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
- Old Black Joe - Peerless Quartet
- Don't Take Me Home - Bob Roberts
- I'm Glad I'm Married - Billy Murray