Thursday 17 December 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Willard Libby and William Brocklesby.
Animated Matches, directed by mile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while Mr. Crewe's Career by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1908 ?
- Willard Libby: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1980).
- William Brocklesby: Wordsworth composer.
- Willard Frank: Libby inventor (carbon-14 "atomic clock" (Nobel Prize 1960)).
- Sylvia Ashton-Warner: New Zealand writer, poet and educator.
- Sanford Dye: American astrologer and writer, specializing in Uranian astrology which he studied under Richard Svehla.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Rainbow - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?