Thursday 17 December 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Willard Libby and Willard Frank.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 December 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1908 ?
- Willard Libby: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1980).
- Willard Frank: Libby inventor (carbon-14 "atomic clock" (Nobel Prize 1960)).
- Sylvia Ashton-Warner: New Zealand writer, poet and educator.
- William Brocklesby: Wordsworth composer.
- Gustave Humery: France sport Champion.
- Jean Bernard: France Painter.
- Sanford Dye: American astrologer and writer, specializing in Uranian astrology which he studied under Richard Svehla.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's No Moon Like the Honeymoon - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Herd Girl's Dream - George Stehl, Marshall Lufsky & Paul Surth