Monday 21 December 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pat Weaver and Simone Alma.
Animated Matches, directed by mile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1908 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Pat Weaver: Los Angeles, California -- TV Executive (started Today show).
- Simone Alma: French singer and actress, known for the film "La forêt qui tue" (1927).
- Luigi Barzini: Italian politician and writer, a columnist and journalist, he wrote for many magazines and produced several noteworthy books that include "The Italians" (1964).
- Edouard Ainciart: France sport Champion.
- Herbert Hutner: American banker and attorney (d. 2008).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's No Moon Like the Honeymoon - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Herd Girl's Dream - George Stehl, Marshall Lufsky & Paul Surth
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?