Tuesday 22 December 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marius F and Max Bill.
Animated Matches, directed by mile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1908 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Marius F: Duintjer Dutch architect.
- Max Bill: Swiss painter, abstract sculptor and architect, the author of "Continuity.
- Giovanni Bonelli: Italian cartoonist, creator of Tex Willer.
- Giacomo Manzu: Italian sculptor who revived the ancient tradition of creating sculptural bronze doors for ecclesiastical buildings in the mid-20th century.
- Giacomo Manzù: Italian sculptor and academic (d. 1991).
- Marie Jungius Dutch teacher/fairy tale writer: dies at age 44.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's No Moon Like the Honeymoon - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Herd Girl's Dream - George Stehl, Marshall Lufsky & Paul Surth
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?