Tuesday 22 December 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 22, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giacomo Manzù and Max Bill.
Il missionario, directed by roger delattre, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1908 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Giacomo Manzù: Italian sculptor and academic (d. 1991).
- Max Bill: Swiss painter, abstract sculptor and architect, the author of "Continuity.
- Marius F: Duintjer Dutch architect.
- Giovanni Bonelli: Italian cartoonist, creator of Tex Willer.
- Giacomo Manzu: Italian sculptor who revived the ancient tradition of creating sculptural bronze doors for ecclesiastical buildings in the mid-20th century.
- Marie Jungius Dutch teacher/fairy tale writer: dies at age 44.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- When You and I Were Young, Maggie - Will Oakland
- Stille Nacht, Helige Nacht (Silent Night, Holy Night) - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
- Old Black Joe - Peerless Quartet
- Don't Take Me Home - Bob Roberts
- I'm Glad I'm Married - Billy Murray