Tuesday 8 December 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 8, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Synnøve Aurdal and John A Volpe.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 December 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1908 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- John A Volpe: American politician and 2nd United States Secretary of Transportation (d. 1994).
- Synnøve Aurdal: Norwegian textile artist.
- Zenon Kliszko: Polish politician considered the right-hand man of KC Polish United Workers' Party (PZPR) leader Władysław Gomułka.
- Max Rouquette: Max Rouquette, pronounced Roqueta in Occitan language, was one of the most famous contemporary Occitan writers.
- Concha Piquer: Spanish singer and actress (d. 1990).
- John Volpe: American soldier and politician 61st Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1994).