Friday 25 December 1908, Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Ferguson and Jan Seidel.
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while Mr. Crewe's Career by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1908 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Frank Ferguson: California, United States -- Actor (Wagons West, Dynamite, My Gal Sal).
- Jan Seidel: composer.
- Ernest L Massad: U.
- Zora Arkus-Duntov: Belgian-American automotive engineer (d. 1996).
- Quentin Crisp: British character, the gay author of "The Naked Civil Servant.
- Marc Lacan: French Benedictine monk, named François, who was the youngest sibling of famous psychoanalyst Jacques Lacan. He died on 5 May 1994.
- Nathan : Belgian murderer.
- Ernest Massad: American general (d. 1993)
- Jo-Jo Moore: American baseball player (Born 1908)
- Jack Johnson KO Tommy Burns and becomes first black heavyweight champion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's No Moon Like the Honeymoon - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- The Herd Girl's Dream - George Stehl, Marshall Lufsky & Paul Surth
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?