Friday 25 December 1908, Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Quentin Crisp and Alton Delmore.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1908 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Quentin Crisp: British character, the gay author of "The Naked Civil Servant.
- Alton Delmore
- Ernest L Massad: U.
- Zora Arkus-Duntov: Belgian-American automotive engineer (d. 1996).
- Marc Lacan: French Benedictine monk, named François, who was the youngest sibling of famous psychoanalyst Jacques Lacan.
- Frank Ferguson: California, United States -- Actor (Wagons West, Dynamite, My Gal Sal).
- Ernest Massad: American general (d. 1993).
- Jo-Jo Moore: American baseball player (Born 1908).
- Nathan : Belgian murderer.
- Jan Seidel: composer.
- Jack Johnson KO Tommy Burns and becomes first black heavyweight champion.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?