Friday 11 December 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Manoel de Oliveira and Elliot Carter.
A Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Desmond Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1908 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Manoel de Oliveira: Portuguese director.
- Elliot Carter
- Manoel De Oliveira: Portuguese film director and screenwriter, born and died in Porto (aged 106).
- Elliott Carter: American composer and academic (d. 2012).
- Elliott Cook Carter Jr New York City: New York, composer (Tom and Lily).
- Amon Goeth: Austrian Nazi (d. 1946).
- Hákun Djurhuus: Faroese educator and politician 4th Prime Minister of the Faroe Islands (d. 1987).
- Amon Goth: commandant of Nazi concentration camp (d. 1946).